Mexican Street Corn
In Spanish, this rich, boldly seasoned take on grilled corn-on-the-cob is called “elote” – but we just call it “delicious.”
This quick, easy recipe can spice up your next barbecue or outdoor gathering without much additional effort on your part. The secret is the tangy cream-based sauce, which really plays well with the chili powder, lime, cilantro and sweet corn to create a fresh, flavorful, balanced side. Here’s how it’s done:
4 ears of corn
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro leaves
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 lime, juiced
Red chili powder, to taste
2 limes cut into wedges, for garnish
1. Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and cilantro.
2. Grate parmesan in a separate bowl.
1. Set grill to 325 F.
2. Remove corn husks but leave the core attached.
3. Grill the corn until slightly charred (about 25 minutes).
4. Turn it occasionally to ensure it’s cooked evenly.
5. Once corn is slightly charred all around its surface, remove from grill and lather with sauce while corn is still warm.
6. Season with lime juice, chili powder and Parmesan.